Re: classic deficiancy in both windows and linux ?

Jean-Marc V. Liotier wrote:
On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 17:11, Mental Patient wrote:

I found myself using imagemagic often to manipulate photos taken with a digital camera. I use nautilus/gnome as my desktop environment. After a while it got annoying to have to keep dropping into a shell to rotate, scale or montage the picture(s). So I wrote a couple pygtk scripts and put them in the scripts dir for nautilus. So now I can select a bunch of pictures, right click and send them to the wrapper. Up pops a gtk2 interface that I can use to set options like rotational direction, or filetype to output as a montage. It fits in with the rest of the desktop and I dont have to keep opening/closing terminals.

Very interesting. Are your scripts distributed somewhere ?

Nah, not yet. The pygtk stuff is still new to me. It was an excuse to learn some python. My TODO list includes cleaning up the code and releasing it. I still have to write the 'scale image' script. Its just some ugly duct tape and bubble gum code at the core of it. The one thing perl has on python is that there's an imagemagic module for perl. My python scripts are doing lots of os.system() calls :)

However, I do believe there's a plugin site for this sort of stuff and lots of other people have done this.

But if ya want a tarball, I could put a cvs snapshot somewhere. Its nothing too terribly exciting.