Re: classic deficiancy in both windows and linux ?

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 11:31, Terry Hancock wrote:
> On Thursday 23 October 2003 05:08 pm, James D. Freels wrote:
> > Can you figure out a way to get a listing of a directory (folder in
> > Windows) and print it, without resorting to command prompt ?
>
> I was about to pooh-pooh this a bit, but in fact, he's right: both
> Konqueror and Mozilla (at least) lack the ability to print a directory
> listing, though they will show it on the screen.  Mozilla even responds
> with a cute "We are unable to print this page" message.  Hmmph.
>
> This is with Konqueror 2.2.2 and Mozilla 1.0.0,  things may have
> improved since then.  Surely some file browsers do have a print
> option?

In Moz 1.4, at least, if you pull up a directory using file:///,
Print works fine, since the "directory listing" is just html.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"I went home with a waitress the way I always do. How was I to
know she was with the Russians, too?"