Re: Re: VT switching broken in Gnome

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 12:57, Greg Folkert wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 14:14, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> > I'm having a problem with my VT switching while in Gnome. I think it's
> > related to the recent 2.4 update but I'm not sure. Hitting Ctrl-Alt-F4,
> > for example, does nothing. It works while I'm at the gdm login screen,
> > but once I'm actually logged into Gnome, it's dead. Needless to say,
> > having to log out just to switch terminals is really really
> > inconvenient. Any suggestions?
>
> dselect update && apt-get install libvte-common libvte4 gnome-terminal
>
> Make sure you are using a 1 tier leaf or push mirror, all should be
> fixed on that.

I tried installing the packages you said, and had no success. I then
figured that maybe I should update other relevant gnome packages in the
process, so I just did a full system update, but still nothing. I'm
beginning to think that it might be related to my keymap, though I
really don't see why since I'm using the Gnome default keymap and it's
always worked before.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837