application/x-java-vm in mozilla (unstable)

I installed balckdown's j2re 1.4 under unstable (the version compiled
with gcc 3.2).
The problem is that it only recognizes the javaplugin.so for netscape 4.
This plugin does not advertise that it can handle the
application/x-java-vm which seems to be used by several sites I entered
(I tried strings on it and it only advertises application/x-java-applet
and ;application/x-java-bean).
javaplugin_oji.so has application/x-java-vm (at list using strings) but
mozilla and mozilla-firebird don't recognize it.
Anyone knows how to solve this?
--
Micha Feigin
michf@math.tau.ac.il