Re: What would happen to Challenge/Response if ...

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 at 03:42 GMT, Paul E Condon penned:
> I've been looking at a lot of options for dealing with Swen and the
> next Sobig, soon to arrive. In the discussions here, I learned that
> some people use tmda as a part of their spam defense, and looking into
> it I soon learned that
>
> TMDA == C/R

As one of the tmda users, I have to pipe up. TMDA doesn't have to be
used as a C/R system.  I use it for some filtering (the rules are very
easy to read and write) and whitelisting.  My default action is set to
HOLD, which means that if none of my filters apply, the message sits in
a pending queue till I feel like dealing with it.  No C/R here.

TMDA did start out as a C/R system, but that's not all it can do.

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please