Re: OT - Programming Languages w/o English Syntax

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 18:24, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> * csj (csj@zapo.net) [031018 03:22]:
> > At Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:28:44 -0600,
> > Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> > >
> > > On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 at 22:37 GMT, Erik Steffl penned:
[snip]
> ASCII.  I'd predict just the opposite of your "probably": I think it's more
> likely that we'll get an analog signal that we can make some sense out
> of (probably it will "sound" like something) than a binary digital
> signal that we can decode into something other than noise.

Maybe not.  If I worked on SETI, it sure would catch my attention
if I heard "dots and dashes" (which is a form of binary digital
signal) or high/low "volume" signals.

That would be a great beacon.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

After listening to many White House, Pentagon & CENTCOM briefings
in both Gulf Wars, it is my firm belief that most "senior
correspondents" either have serious agendas that don't get shaken
by facts, or are dumb as dog feces.