Re: Verify that spamc is using Bayesian?

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 05:52:40PM -0400, Kenneth Dombrowski wrote:
> On 03-10-18 12:47 -0400, ScruLoose wrote:

<SNIP>
> I think what most people do for systems with more users is to scan
> incoming mail from the users' ~/.procmailrc, which does seem a little
> cleaner wrt custom BAYES rules

Hm, yes... This does seem rather more like what I had in mind.
And I'm pretty sure that my problem right now is that the spamc call is
coming from exim (as user mail) in the systemwide configuration, whereas
I did the sa-learn all as my own regular user.

Now, I would rather like to have custom Bayes databases, but I'm
currently using my .forward file with exim filter functionality, not
procmail... I took a look at this thread here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200301/msg00441.html
which seems to indicate that exim filter cannot do what I want.

So if I'm reading things right, the situation is like so:

1)  If I want to smtp-time reject mail based on SA's analysis, I need to
have SA called systemwide as seen here
http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/config_docs/exim-spamassassin/node14.html
Which forces me to have one system-wide Bayes database.

2)  If I want to have per-user Bayes databases, I must install procmail,
and call [spamassassin|spamc] from ~/.procmailrc.
Exim's .forward filtering (for some reason) cannot do this.

3)  If I want both smtp-time reject for the really obvious spam _and_
per-user bayes DBs for the rest, I'd have to integrate SA-exim
systemwide, configured _not_ to use bayesian tests, then call SA _again_
(or bogofilter or somesuch) from each user's .procmailrc (_not_ an exim
filter .forward).

Can anyone confirm or deny?

And if I'm right, would option 3 be a retarded waste of resources,
or would it be reasonably doable/worthwhile...?
(I realize this one is an opinion question.)

	Thanks!
--