Re: wxWindows + building from source in Debian

Dave Howorth wrote:

The full story is in the previous messages, which I trimmed to save bandwidth :) But briefly, I need wxWindows to be able to build a specific non-Debian application. wxWindows is not supported on Woody, which is what I run. Hence, I need to compile it. Not sure what you mean by again?

Cheers, Dave

I've been thinking about it, and in your case it iw probably easier
build it from upstream and install it in /usr/local/.  Later, when
2.4 makes it into stable, you can just install those packages and then
remove your upstream libraries.

-Roberto