Re: wxWindows

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 04:10:34PM +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:
| Joerg Johannes wrote:
| >On Friday 17 October 2003 16:13, Dave Howorth wrote:
| >>I need to install wxWindows 2.4 on a Woody system so I can build
| >>another application (TreeView X).  Does anybody have any idea of the
| >>best way to do this, and what steps are involved?
| >Maybe
| >apt-get install wxwin2.4-doc wxwin2.4-examples wxwin2.4-headers
|
| Version 2.4 is only available for testing and unstable, not for Woody,
| from the standard sources. And I strongly suspect it will be
| incompatible because of the libc6 version issue.
|
| So perhaps I can add to my question - is compiling wxWindows from source
| the best option or are there backports or whatever?  If compiling is the
| best option, are there any known problems? Are all eleven packages
| necessary, and is there any easy way to select them all?

$ apt-get source libwxgtk2.4
$ cd [wx...]    # whatever the directory is called
$ fakeroot ./debian/rules binary
$ su
# dpkg -i ../libwxgtk2.4*.deb

You'll definitely need the "lib" package to run that other app.
You'll need the -dev package (or maybe it's called wxwin2.4-headers)
to compile that other app.

You won't need the docs or examples unless you plan on writing code.

I don't know how you came up with 11 packages.

-D

--
Q: What is the difference between open-source and commercial software?
A: If you have a problem with commercial software you can call a phone

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/