Re: More on spam

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 01:03:10AM -0600, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 at 05:27 GMT, Paul Johnson penned:
> > On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 11:24:00AM -0600, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> >> I am not a reference material; I am a person who
> >> occasionally, when I have the time and inclination, tries to help out
> >> others on public fora.  If someone has a question prompted by a mailing
> >> list archive, they should direct their question to the mailing list.

> > Then stop participating.

> I'm sorry, but I don't see how your response relates to what I said.
> I'm just going to assume that you didn't read what I typed very
> carefully.  If that's not the case, please explain to me how you jumped
> from "Monique would prefer that questions be addressed to the mailing
> list" to "Monique should stop participating on the mailing list."

    I gotta agree.  That was unncalled for.  It is attitudes like that which
pushed me out of the #linux channel on dal.net years ago.  "You *WILL* help me
*NOW*!!!"  Bull.  First step of getting help is realizing that people here and
in other public forums do it because they want to on their spare time.  Coming
in and demanding help or demanding they must help only makes them not want to
help.