Re: More on spam

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 02:39:27AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 01:03:31PM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > I'm curious about how you can know that -every- From: address was valid.
> > I think I do not understand how to make such a determination about where
> > my mail is actually coming from. I would like to learn.
>
> Compare envelope from (not the From: header) to the Received: headers.

You presume to much about my knowledge. I use mutt. I turn on full headers.
Which line in what I see is the 'envelope from'? Which are the 'Received: headers'?
Are there also headers that are not 'Received:'? Is it truly impossible for
a program to spoof an 'envelope form'? I don't know. I'm asking.