Re: Can't install kernel compiled on sid machine on a woody system

On Thursday 16 October 2003 20:11, Pigeon wrote:
> Just thinking that if it was worth trying with 3.2 instead of 3.3,
> trying with 2.95 - which is what woody uses - would also be
> worthwhile, possibly more so.

The same thing happens regardless of compiler version - I tried the
Debian packages gcc-3.3 gcc-3.2 and gcc-2.95, all from current
unstable. Maybe I'll just try booting into the new kernel and see if
it gets resolved then. I really, really don't understand this,
though.