Re: Can't install kernel compiled on sid machine on a woody system

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 15:50, Magnus von Koeller wrote:
> On Thursday 16 October 2003 20:11, Pigeon wrote:
> > Just thinking that if it was worth trying with 3.2 instead of 3.3,
> > trying with 2.95 - which is what woody uses - would also be
> > worthwhile, possibly more so.
>
> The same thing happens regardless of compiler version - I tried the
> Debian packages gcc-3.3 gcc-3.2 and gcc-2.95, all from current
> unstable. Maybe I'll just try booting into the new kernel and see if
> it gets resolved then. I really, really don't understand this,
> though.

I'm also having problems (different, though) compiling the .22
kernel-source package with 3.2.

On another box, I successfully built the kernel.org .22 using
3.3.2, so I'm going to try that now.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"A C program is like a fast dance on a newly waxed dance floor by
people carrying razors."
Waldi Ravens