Re: Promise Fasttrak 100 PDC20267 on Debian

Paul Yeatman wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

  --received from Roberto Sanchez--

I had to get a 2.4.21 kernel to get support for the 20276 chipset.

I suppose you are using the testing distribution?

Actually I installed that on a Woody system.  I just did a wget for
the 2.4.21 kernel-source package and 'dpkg -i' to install.  I used
kernel-package to make the .deb of the kernel.

Do you know that previous kernels such as 2.4.18 didn't support this
specific chip or just that at least 2.4.21 one does?

I just know that 2.4.21 and newer have it.

With the kernel driver mine shows up as /dev/ataraid/d0

Hmmm, I don't even have this directory under my /dev/ (with the stable
distribution).  Does this get added with the testing distribution or
some other way?

Paul

It gets added (I believe) when you have configured the kernel for
RAID support.

-Roberto