Decent browsers for Linux? Anything to replace IE?

While I'm a huge Firebird fan, IE was better at some tasks (yes, they are non-standard HTML tasks, but what can you do when that's what the industry uses? *sigh*).

I've tried Konqueror and found it lacking extremely (yes, I love it as a file manager when combined with qvwm, but it simply isn't as full-featured as other browsers) and Opera seems worse than Firebird. So, can anyone suggest a browser that tries to replicate these changes?

Many thanks

Joe.