Re: Driver Download and Installation ATI Proprietary Linux Driver 3.2.8 Download--for those interested

Harshwardhan Nagaonkar wrote:
Rob Sims wrote:

On Thursday 09 October 2003 07:16 pm, Haralambos Geortgilakis wrote:

<snip>

KDE works when I use the "radeon" driver, but I get no DRI.

Where do I go from here? I didn't find a user forum for the ATI drivers, just a no-response bug reporting link.

Hmm... well I'm glad you were fortunate enough to get the kernel module working on a 2.6 kernel (aren't the ATI prop. modules designed for 2.2.x and specifically 2.4.x... atleast the Release Notes a.k.a Readme says that). Good backward compatibility in 2.6 it *seems*.

ATi recently (on October 8) released their new drivers for windows and
Linux.  The README for the LInux driver claims that they successfully
built it against a 2.6.0-test6 kernel.

On a sort of offtopic note, while I am generally against propritery
software, especially device drivers, I think it is great that they have
taken the initiative to support the 2.6 series as it just coming out.

-Roberto