Re: Driver Download and Installation ATI Proprietary Linux Driver 3.2.8 Download--for those interested

On Thursday 09 October 2003 07:16 pm, Haralambos Geortgilakis wrote:
> Hi yall,
>
> subject says what wants said. Follow the yellow brick url too....
>
> http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/linux/radeon-linux.html?type=linux&prodType=graphic&prod=productsLINUXdriver&submit.x=18&submit.y=10

I tried this driver with a custom 2.6.0-test6 kernel.  The XF86config-4
file is that generated by fglrxconfig.  I selected single framebuffer mode
to enable a dual headed single screen, 1600x1200x24.  The card is a
Radeon 8500. I'm running unstable, x-window-system  4.2.1-12.1

X appears to try to start a few times, and I'm dropped back to a text
console.  There are no errors in XFree86.0.log.  However, kdm.log
contains:

[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SecondaryColor3bEXT
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SecondaryColor3bvEXT
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SecondaryColor3dEXT
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SecondaryColor3dvEXT
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SecondaryColor3fEXT
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SecondaryColor3fvEXT
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SecondaryColor3iEXT
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SecondaryColor3ivEXT
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SecondaryColor3sEXT
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SecondaryColor3svEXT
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SecondaryColor3ubEXT
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SecondaryColor3ubvEXT
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SecondaryColor3uiEXT
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SecondaryColor3uivEXT
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SecondaryColor3usEXT
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SecondaryColor3usvEXT
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SecondaryColorPointerEXT

As a further check, I tried running xdm (normal for me is kdm), and it
starts X and runs.  I can't get past xdm, guessing that the KDE start has
the same problems as KDM.

A Google search on SecondaryColor3bEXT yielded four non-useful hits.

These "API ERROR" strings appear in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/fglrx_dri.so:
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      5908219 Sep 21 20:44 fglrx_dri.so

KDE works when I use the "radeon" driver, but I get no DRI.

Where do I go from here?  I didn't find a user forum for the ATI drivers,
just a no-response bug reporting link.
--
Rob