Re: simply mutt (Re: Mutt with evolution)

duck wrote:

Alternatively you could bind the f12 key to fetchmail as I have:
macro index <f12> "!fetchmail\n"

fetchmailconf is working fine in sid (used it yesterday).

For running fetchmail periodically I am using gnome's inbox monitor
applet (execute fetchmail before each update). I prefer not to use the
daemon method (/etc/fetchmailrc) as this method allows running fetchmail
manually without becoming root. crontab is good too (crontab -u).

You dont need to be root to run fetchmail as a daemon. Use the -d parameter when you start fetchmail and supply a time interval. It'll run in the background as you and poll mail every N seconds. When I used fetchmail, I would have it start in the background when I logged in.

--

Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

"The Torah...  The Gospels...  The Koran...
Each claimed as the infallible word of GOD.
Misquoted, misinterpreted, misunderstood, and misapplied.
Maybe that's why he doesn't do any more interviews." - sinfest.net

CARPE NOCTEM, QUAM MINIMUM CREDULA POSTERO.

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/pas/Mental.asc