Re: simply mutt (Re: Mutt with evolution)

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 11:50:58AM +0530, Ashish Ariga wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 17:42, Brian Potkin wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 04:31:01PM +0530, Ashish Ariga wrote:
> >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Today is the first time I typed the words "mutt". I have been using

> 1. Periodic checking for pop mail ("fetch-mail") doesn't work in spite
> of pop_* being set. Should I set spoolfile to pop:// instead ?

configure fetchmail separately from mutt, and setup mutt to look for
incoming mail in the standard location: /var/spool/mail/<username> ,
and configure it to run periodically. I use fetchmailconf to do this,
but fetchmailconf does nasty things under sarge on my system, be warned
if you are using sarge (and maybe sid, not know, i'm to timid to try)

other ways may work as well or better, but my impression is that mutt is
supposed to be a simple mail reader, not a means of controling other
aspects of the mail delivery chain.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@peakpeak.com