Re: Do we really need to worry about viruses

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 09:27:48PM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> ScruLoose writes:

> > But at least you _can_ mount /home noexec, and in many circumstances
> > that'll be a perfectly practicable solution... :P
>
> It's not a complete solution.  It's just another layer of defense.

This is entirely true and has already been mentioned in this thread.
The response, which seems highly valid to me, went something like
this:
The kind of user who knows how to get around the noexec barrier is
_not_ the kind of user who's going to be taken in by a click-through
e-mail virus or trojan.

So in the context of this discussion, mounting /home noexec seems to be
a perfectly adequate solution for the problem we're applying it to.

	Cheers!
--