Re: Do we really need to worry about viruses

Michael D Schleif <mds@helices.org> writes:

> In fact, just this week, I am engaged with a prominent software
> development company, and every one of the developers develops on
> various Linux boxen, and every one of them insists on running as root.

Could you name names, so we know which imbeciles to avoid?  The two
Unix development houses I've worked at never did that.

Of course, the parent post was wrong.  Even as non-root, you have to
worry about email viruses or click-thru vectors, because _they don't
need root to work_.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - I am the rocks.
Guns don't kill people, OS/2 salesmen do...