Re: Anyone else notice that Swen is slowing down?

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 00:17:23 -0400, ScruLoose <scruloose+debuser@eastlink.ca>
penned:
Of course, there's also the fact that since they run Windows, they are of
necessity logged in with admin privileges *all* the time, so it only takes
one click to install an executable that then has full access to the system,
including network devices...

Not necessarily -- later versions of windows have the "runas" command so
that you don't have to be logged in as admin just to have access to
admin functions.

Granted, I've only tried to use the runas command 7 or 10 times, but as far as I can remember, it has _never_ worked for me. It tries to, but then it runs up against some sort of permission error or something. It feels like Microsoft wanted to implement a sudo-like capability, but just got about 80% of it working.

--
Kent