Re: OT: Martin Krafft - mail bouncing

Christoph Simon writes:
> If your only local provider doubles price in a consumer product, what
> would happen in your area?

Nothing in particular, in general.  For example, there is only one
drugstore in my village.  The owner is entirely free to set his prices
however he wishes.  Same goes for my ISP.

> Would he get support of the local authorities?

What do you mean by "support"?  The restrictions on monopolies have to do
with such things as using monopoly power to unfairly prevent entry of
competitors or to unfairly extend a monopoly to other markets.  Merely
increasing prices is not illegal.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)