Re: OT: Martin Krafft - mail bouncing

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:01:04 -0500
John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:

> Christoph Simon writes:
> > Living in a country where monopolies are ilegal...
>
> Which country might that be?

I'm not a lawyer, so I can't offer you a legal definition of a
monopoly, but ask Microsoft about their last big trial and that which
still seem to be in process in the EU. Or wasn't that in the end about
being a monopoly and taking unfair advantage of it?  Here I've got a
`provider' who provides nothing than privacy violating filters
(causing absurd latencies) and tells me that he'll switch off my
internet connection if I don't pay my monthly fee. It's like some
protection fee to the mafia. Well, he's a contents provider, but I
didn't ask for any of that Microsoft-only crap. Would you think that
in the US a judge would accept the unilateral modification of a
consumer's contract (Telefônica and Terra did this here), making you
pay the double for less? Is there any company in the world which can
do that without having the status of a monopoly?

--
Christoph Simon
ciccio@kiosknet.com.br