Re: MS mail bombs

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 09:19:32AM -0700, Carla Schroder wrote:
> The other way is a neat little trick I use on my ISP account-  limit the size
> of messages to download, I limit them to 2000 bytes. You can try different
> sizes to see what works. Then when I check mail a popup window appears
> showing a list of messages, with subject lines and the senders of any
> messages bigger than 2000 bytes. Then I can either leave them on the server,
> delete them, or download them. I don't know if all mail clients do this, it's
> worth checking out.

I use a different trick when I'm on dialup and don't want to download
huge messages. I simply use mutt to access my pop mailbox.  Then mutt
only downloads the headers from the pop server.  And then I get a list
of all the messages, who they're from, what the subject is and what the
size is. I can then delete whichever ones I don't want to download.
After that's done I use fetchmail to retrieve the mail as I normally
would.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>