Re: Debian

 --- gerald simpkin <oohay12003@yahoo.com> escribió:
> I checked to see if I could turn off the html characteristics of the email
> sent when using free yahoo email. I could not find a configuration tool to
> send this in plain text so I am sorry in advance about this email.
> What I am most concerned about is getting help with the Debian problem I
> described (although it should be noted to send questions in plain text if
> that is the way you want to get it). I went to the Debian organizations
> website and it said if a new user (paraphrasing) has a problem to send
> questions to this email address (did not mention format). I got your message
> now what about an answer to my question? Is there a site I can go to for this
> information? Do you know how to solve this problem?
> If you want Debian to be the Linux flavor for professional programmers then
> form a private club and remove the manifesto from the website. If you want
> the Debian flavor to survive then I advise you to consider the masses
> otherwise it'll be a project of you and a thousand or so programmers.

As far as I know, Debian is not "for the masses."  The developers try to create
the best OS out there.  If people like and use it, great.  If no one uses it
but
the developers, I don't believe they would be any less happy.

To get the full benefit, you should subscribe to the mailing list.

Check here for the response to your message:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200309/msg02683.html

Colin was nice enough to respong within about 12 hours of your posting.  I
simply went to lists.debian.org and searched debian-user for "gerald" and
it was the only hit.

Also, a quick Google search for "Kernel link failure info" yielded, on the
first page, this link:

http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-desktop/

Halfway down the page is this:

"the first thing you will be presented with after all the packages are
downloaded is a debconf prompt from binutils about "kernel link failure info".
To the novice, this kind of thing is confusing and frightening. To the expert,
this is annoying and unnecessary."

I understand that dealing with a new OS can be challenging, but there are lots
of resources out there.  Google is by far the best, as it is available 24/7
and provides instant results.

HTH,

-Roberto Sanchez

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS