Re: colours of the printer

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:50:20 +0200, Christine Hawksworth wrote:

> i could use your help that if this is what you deal with - when i print
> out using colour some of the colours are not printing out eg red/yellow
> and when i try to print colour words they are not in the right order -
> it was fine before

Two ideas: First, one of the ink tanks could be empty. If you describe
exactly what colours are printed incorrectly, somebody will even be able
to tell you which colour it is :-)  Red colour (on paper) is AFAIK
achieved by compositing yellow and magenta ink. If the magenta tank is
empty, you'll get yellow text even though you printed it in red colour.

Second, sometimes the fine nozzles on the printing head become obstructed
by dried ink. (Often seen when the printer was not being used for several
days.) The printing result looks almost like an empty ink tank. You could
try to invoke the head-cleaning programme of your printer or bath the
printing head in warm water (apply a bit of common sense -- don't put the
whole printer in your bathtub please).

Of course, all this has nothing to do with Debian... :-)

Please turn HTML mail off when posting to debian-user.

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!