Re: OT: email style flames, was: Can't mount cdrom

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:23:14 -0700,
Vineet Kumar <vineet@doorstop.net> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20030917212314.GC24482@doorstop.net>:

> * Arnt Karlsen (arnt@c2i.net) [030917 06:09]:
> > ..what???  Where?  When?  Or, who?  ;-)
>
> d'oh! my bad.  Entering a mailing list style thread with a missing
> attribution.  Everybody hurl feces at me!
>
> Also, I hope my previous email didn't seem like I was picking on your
> style; I just wanted to clarify what ellipses are.
>
> Now I will pick on you a little bit, though ;-)

..excellent, that brings you _on_ topic in this wee somewhat
off-topic thread.  ;-)

> How about shortening your attribution from 3 lines to 1?  I
> accidentally chopped it out before since I didn't immediately
> recognize it, since it

..booo.  ;-)

> was 3 lines separated from the other attributions by a blank.

..I use these 3 lines to attribute "when who wrote what", to help
my readership keep track of context, and then leave a single line
of whitespace to help enhance readability, all in keeping with in
our proud old Norse tradition of civilized conversation.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: