Re: Apache access control

El miércoles, 17 de septiembre de 2003, a las 17:30, Roberto Sanchez escribe:
> I can't figure out why this will not prompt for a password.

Check out the AllowOverride directive for that directory. If this
directive is set to None, then .htaccess files are completely
ignored. You will need at least `AllowOverride AuthConfig'.

> I kind of need to figure this out before I can take the site live
> (the password protection is a requirement from higher headquarters).

That password protection is not what I would call "security", unless
you are using SSL.

Regards, Ismael
--
"Tout fourmille de commentaries; d'auteurs il en est grande cherté"