Re: rsyncing via cron

* Andy Firman (list@firman.us) [030917 10:18]:
> I have never used ssh-add but I am doing the same thing you are
> and I used this very nice how-to that you may find useful:
>
> http://killyridols.net/rsyncssh.shtml

Careful with that one.  I just took a glance at it, and it recommends
using an unencrypted private key without a forced command on the remote
host's authorized_keys.  This isn't _all_ bad, but I'd say it could be
better, by adding some options in the remote host's authorized_keys to
prevent this key from being used for anything but rsync, and only from a
specified host.  I think I wrote up something about this on this list a
while back; try http://google.com/search?q=vineet+rsync+authorized_keys
.  If you can't find anything, let me know and I'll write it again.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/sprintpcs_sucks