Re: Apache access control

 --- Ismael Valladolid Torres <ismael@sambara.org> escribió:
> El miércoles, 17 de septiembre de 2003, a las 17:30, Roberto Sanchez escribe:
> > I can't figure out why this will not prompt for a password.
>
> Check out the AllowOverride directive for that directory. If this
> directive is set to None, then .htaccess files are completely
> ignored. You will need at least `AllowOverride AuthConfig'.

I'll check that out.  I'm pretty sure that's the problem.

> > I kind of need to figure this out before I can take the site live
> > (the password protection is a requirement from higher headquarters).
>
> That password protection is not what I would call "security", unless
> you are using SSL.

Absolutely right, but the big wigs want password protection, so we make one
username/password combo and give it out to everyone that needs access.  There
is no real reason to have it, other than "because they said so."  There is
really nothing to protect.

> Regards, Ismael

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS