Re: bug tracking

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 04:02:11PM +0800, csj wrote:
> I'm just curious about Debian's "bug" policy.
>
> I know that some bugs aren't fixable (because either they're too
> expensive to fix or upstream thinks they're a "feature").  But
> how are bug reports resolved in the Debian bug system?  I just
> checked my favorite bug, and it's still under the heading
> "outstanding" rather than "resolved" and the program in question
> has had, IRC, two major releases.

I only see one bug report by you. #162308: gkdial-gnome?

This was files as normal but now downgraded properly as wishlist.

> I'm not asking that the bug be "solved".  I just want it
> "resolved".  Doesn't the bug report at least merit a "No, I won't
> fix it, unless somebody submits the code"?

I think it is properly "resolved" by changing priority.

This is a feature request.  Unless someone feels urge to write a code,
it will stay there.  Will you contribute some code here?

Basically, Debian is all about packaging and broken code (mostly security)
fix.

Other option for you is to send a mail to upstream.

Good luck.

Osamu