Re: bug tracking

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 04:02, csj wrote:
> I'm just curious about Debian's "bug" policy.
>
> I know that some bugs aren't fixable (because either they're too
> expensive to fix or upstream thinks they're a "feature").  But
> how are bug reports resolved in the Debian bug system?  I just
> checked my favorite bug, and it's still under the heading
> "outstanding" rather than "resolved" and the program in question
> has had, IRC, two major releases.
>
> I'm not asking that the bug be "solved".  I just want it
> "resolved".  Doesn't the bug report at least merit a "No, I won't
> fix it, unless somebody submits the code"?

Remember it's a Volunteer Organization devoted to thing that are fun to
do. If the bug is not a fun one... well some people just won't pay ANY
attention to it.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

Madame, ist thou donning space underwear? For thine ass doth lie beyond
the physical boundaries of this world!