Re: Quoting

On Saturday, August 30, 2003 12:50 AM CET, Harshwardhan Nagaonkar wrote:
> Ofcourse, there is a sort-of stripped down version of mozilla mail
> without much of the bulk, called Thunderbird. It also has many extra
> features too (anyone who knows more about thunderbird, please don't
> flame me, I haven't worked too long with it). It is called thunderbird
> and it's based on mozilla mail. And its definately less bloated than
> mozilla mail since it is a standalone software program. More info at:
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/
>
> Keep in mind it's just at version 0.1 so its newish and might have
> some bugs.

Yeah, I forgot. Have seen this, too, looks more windows-like (not the
Mozilla 'modern' design), not bad, too.

But with "big", I less meant the binary size of the program, but rather the
on-screen size of things. The toolbar, f.ex., is quite big, and I can do
nothing about it (in Mozilla Mail). I like the OE (and IE) toolbars, because
I can move them to fit altogether in a single line (menu + icons + address).
They contain just the basic functions, the rest is still accessible through
menus or by keyboard shortcuts.

I'd almost call it my no. 1b favourite :) But there are still massive
problems with threaded view, which I mostly need when reading mailing lists
like this. (OK, early pre-release...)

But let's not get too OT here... (or is this an interesting topic for a
debian user list? I don't know)

--
Yves Goergen
nospam.list@unclassified.de