Re: Quoting

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 03:18:47PM +0100, Richard Kimber wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:29:03 +0200
> Arnt Karlsen <arnt@c2i.net> wrote:
>
> > ..top posting will usually cause considerable irritation, especially
> > for people who pay for their bandwidth, when some idiot go "Me too!!!"
> > on top of a meg of uselessly formatted quotes, in an non-Wintendo list,
>
> Actually, as far as irritation is concerned, I find having to scroll down
> through large amounts of un-snipped text just to find a "me too" at the
> end more irritating than if it had been top-posted on an un-snipped
> message. The normal convention only works well when people snip and reply
> to the relevant bits underneath.

When the 'me too!' is top posted I often overlook it since I'm expecting
a 'so-and-so wrote one mm-dd-yyy' line to come first.

Also, when quoted text follows a top post, you often *still* scroll to
the end to make sure there is no additional new info.

> It's non-snipping that's the real problem.  It seems virtually to be the
> norm in many non-computer usenet groups.

True.

--
"If a thousand men were not to pay their tax bills this year, that
would not be a violent and bloody measure, as it would be to pay