Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 11:32, Anders Arnholm wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 08:33:40AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 14:07, Pigeon wrote:
> > set tabstop=4
>
> So thats why all code form other Python programers look like shit and
> dont line up, not that a tab is 8 spaces wide and will stay that way for
> ever everything else is PLAIN fucking evil!!! Or as the vim help file
> puts it.
>
>   Note: Setting 'tabstop' to any other value than 8 can make your file
>   appear wrong in many places (e.g., when printing it).

You conveniently ignored the fact that I also mentioned
set expandtab

There are no ^I characters when that is used.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

After listening to many White House, Pentagon & CENTCOM
briefings in both Gulf Wars, it is my firm belief that most
"senior correspondents" either have serious agendas that don't
get shaken by facts, or are dumb as dog feces.