Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 04:18:13 -0500
Alex Malinovich <demonbane@the-love-shack.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 01:55, Steve Lamb wrote:
> --snip--
> >     Hence it is not other people's style I dislike, it is the freakin'
> >     braces.
> startHolyWar(emacs-vs-vi);

    That wiffing sound!  Ah, the sound of a point sailing over someone's head.

    Having an editor that tries to do the right thing (which more often than
not gets in the way) does not, in any way, make me more capable of reading the
code.

    "Ah-HA!  But THAT's what Indent is for!"

    Yeah, on supported languages.  I don't see the point of having a tool to
shoehorn the code into one bracket style and another tool to shoehorn it into
a different bracket style (and hope it remains decent) when one could just get
rid of the bloody brackets and be done with it.  Hence my last stanza of
pseudo code showing all of the different styles being all the same code
without the brackets.