Re: Printing help, please.

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 09:20:24 -0500
"Wathen, Metherion" <MWathen@bsalifestructures.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am having trouble getting my printer to function under Debian.
> First off, my printer is a Lexmark 1020 color inkjet.
> I installed Cupsys, cupsys-bsd, and a few other cupsys related packages.
> I installed the ppd file for my printer from the Linuxprinting.org site.
> I rtfm'd several times and I'm still getting nowhere, lpstat shows my
> printer as existing, the boot-up screen shows my printer as attached to
> lp0 and gives the correct make & model.
> I am using wdm for my display manager but didnt think that would have
> any affect.
>
> when I go to http://localhost:631/admin I see several print jobs that are
> 'aborted' these are the test pages I've tried to run.

I spent more than 12 hours today and yesterday trying to get CUPS working
with a Samsung ML-1210 laser printer, and reluctantly concluded it wasn't
possible using only stable packages.

I got it running using a bunch of unstable packages, but one of the other
clients can't print to it, so this may not be working either.

Kevin