Re: Printing help, please.

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 11:05:17PM -0400, Kevin McKinley wrote:

> I spent more than 12 hours today and yesterday trying to get CUPS working
> with a Samsung ML-1210 laser printer, and reluctantly concluded it wasn't
> possible using only stable packages.
>
> I got it running using a bunch of unstable packages, but one of the other
> clients can't print to it, so this may not be working either.

I've been using an ML-1210 with CUPS on a system tracking unstable for
about a year and a half, so sometime in that period it must have been
working with what now is the stable distro...

The one thing I had to do that sticks out in my mind was that I had to
switch from gs-aladdin to the regular (GNU) gs package to get the
Samsung SmartGDI driver support. If you type gs --help you should see
"samsunggdi" somewhere in the supported devices list.

HTH

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
Denver, Colorado USA  | cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all