Re: system reboots before booting

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 05:42:13PM -0400, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> If that is the case what do I do? I've already checked for bad blocks on
> /dev/hda1 using e2fsck. It said something about 1% not being continuous
> but didn't want to to fix anything when I ran it using the "fix me"
> parameter.

The 'non-contiguous' stuff means that some files (1%) are fragmented:
one piece here, one piece there, etc. Ext2 is very good at storing most
files in one piece. M$ didn't manage that until NTFS, you had to run
'defrag' from time to time. (At least I think/hope that NTFS doesn't
fragment your files)

So no, I shouldn't worry about that.

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!