Fonts in kde3 and gnome2

I am a sid user, and i have both kde3 and gnome2 installed. Up until about when kde 3.1.2 came out everything was fine, but the new versions of kde and gnome came out around that time, and my fonts started acting weird. At first in kde3 all my fonts became tiny. after messing around and changing the settings everything appeared to be fixed. Now recently when in kde3 all my gnome2 apps have had their fonts shrunk to about half the size as normal. and when im in gnome2 the opposite happens with kde3 apps. This seems strange and i was wondering if anyone could help. I had some problems with ps fonts earlier, but with the help of the bts i got that fixed correctly (i hope). The thing is that its not just the fonts inside the program, its the whole program, the menus, the theme is removed from gnome apps when running in kde, and in gnome2 sometimes the kde applications wont even run, they will start, then stop, and if i try again they might work. Any and all help would be much appreciated

Adam