Re: re nvidia drivers

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 01:16:08AM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
[snip]

> Where does this next command say it installed the NVdriver file?  Does
> that match your current kernel?
>
>   dpkg -L nvidia-kernel-1.0.3123 | grep NVdriver

This is one of the two problem areas your reply highlights.
The nvidia-kernel is not installed - output of 'dpkg -l' is
truncated and 'src' is missing. I feel stupid for Colin Watson
pointed out the possibility some time ago and I 'forgot' the
lesson.

I have a self compiled kernel using 2.4.21 which was being
looked for (and I thought had been found). Where I went wrong
seems to be at the following point. I don't understand the
command - is there a typo?

>   tar xzf nvidia-kernel-src.tar.gz # /usr/src/modules/...

Very many thanks, Bob, for your detailed response - I should be
able to proceed when I understand the above line.

Regards,                John.