Re: Challenge-response mail filters considered harmful

On (05/08/03 07:55), Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 07:20:02 -0700
> Alan Connor <alanc@localhost> wrote:
> > > From sl@eskimo.com Tue Aug  5 07:07:40 2003

> > > I think that's a good idea. ;)
>
> > Here's how my CR program is working at present:
>
>     You've missed the point.  The point is that if you're going to drop PGP
> signed messages they want to sign messages so you'll drop them as they don't
> want your idiot ramblings on their topics.
>
> > I don't ever see the mail and the whole process is user-transparent.

At the risk of being picky if the user doesn't see any of what is going
on, it is not user-transparent but opaque ;)

As a disinterested observer (who currently has yet to get grips with
filtering spam - I do it manually at present) this argument seems to be
somewhat circular and repetitive .... or maybe I'm missing some subtle
illumination  ... or maybe it is Monty Python ;)

>     Uh, no, it is not.  SA is user-transparent.  Yours is user hostile.

Regards

Clive