Re: Challenge-response mail filters considered harmful

> From sl@eskimo.com Tue Aug  5 07:07:40 2003
>

> On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 16:04:11 -0500, John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:
>
> > alanconnor writes:
> > > Still doesn't make sense to me and I am seriously considering
> > > writing a stanza in my newsreaders filters that will dump any posts
> > > with PGP sigs.
> >
> > I think maybe I will start signing everything.
>
> I think that's a good idea. ;)

Here's how my CR program is working at present:

If I get mail from an address not on my passlist, it is sent to a gzipped
file and the auto-response is sent out.

If I don't get a response in 48 hours, the mail is dumped and the passord-
de-activated.

If  the password is used with an address other than the one it was acquired
with, the mail is dumped and the password de-activated.

I don't ever see the mail and the whole process is user-transparent.

Very nice....

Alan

--
      For Linux/Bash users: Eliminate spam with the Mailbox-Sentry-Program.
         See: http://tinyurl.com/inpd  for the scripts and docs.