Re: compiling uw imapd

In article <eMHF.4b6.25@gated-at.bofh.it>, Bijan Soleymani wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 05:09:45PM -0500, Will Yardley wrote:

>> I can make my changes to the package and rebuild it if necessary, but
>> I'd rather just build from source.

> If all you want is to get plaintext logins to work then you don't need
> to recompile anything. There is a very secret, hidden, twisted, etc. way
> to get uw-imapd to allow plaintext logins.
>
> You have to create the file
> /etc/c-client.cf
>
> and it must contain the next two lines (exactly as is):
> I accept the risk
> set disable-plaintext nil

Thanks. I would, however, like to come up with a "compiled-in" solution
as well, because according to the notes in imaprc.txt, using c-client.cf
is not suggested.

Also, I tried this and so far, no luck (I'll keep trying some other
varients).

--
No copies, please.
To reply privately, simply reply; don't remove anything.