Re: compiling uw imapd

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 05:09:45PM -0500, Will Yardley wrote:
> I can make my changes to the package and rebuild it if necessary, but
> I'd rather just build from source.

If all you want is to get plaintext logins to work then you don't need
to recompile anything. There is a very secret, hidden, twisted, etc. way
to get uw-imapd to allow plaintext logins.

You have to create the file
/etc/c-client.cf

and it must contain the next two lines (exactly as is):
I accept the risk
set disable-plaintext nil

Hope that helps (it took me forever to figure that out),
Bijan