Re: (progress) Network card not detected or listed in installation

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 03:32, Michael Waters wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2003, ThinKer wrote:
<SNIP>

> > Network Card
> > Netgear Fa311 10/100 NIC (PCI)
>
> I haven't used this NIC but it appears to use the module "natsemi".
> I'd try to load that and see if it talks to your card... and then set
> up the network as you tried above.
>
> Michael

Michael,

Thanks! As soon as I loaded the module closest to what you recommended
"natsemi-scyld" the installation said it was successful and the
Automatic Network Configuration menu came up asking me if I wanted to
use DHCP or BOOTP to automatically configure the interface. I chose yes,
but the configuration failed for some reason, so I had to configure the
network manually.

Now, after the manual configuration was complete, I attempted to install
the base system again. According to the instructions at ...
http://www.debian.org/distrib/floppyinst

I should place the following URL in the Download URL space ...
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/disks-i386/

However, when I do this I get the message "Release Check Failed: The
server was unavailable or contained no Release file."

Questions:

1. Is this the correct ftp location, and if not, what is?

2. Since the DHCP didn't take and I am not sure if my manual
configuration worked, how can I check to see if I am actually able to
get out on this machine?