Network card not detected or listed in installation

Ok.. I have the disks partitioned and mounted.  I am ready to install
the base system, but when I installed the kernel and driver modules, my
network card was not detected. I then went to configure device driver
modules and selected 'net' for Drivers for network interface cards, and
my card is not listed.

When I choose 'dummy' as a generic substitute I get a 'installation
successful' message, but I still am not served an ip from my dhcp
server.

When I try to manually enter the IP address, domain, gateway, and dns,
the machine can't find
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/
which is where the install files are supposed to be.

Someone please tell me what I am doing wrong (this time).

Network Card
Netgear Fa311 10/100 NIC (PCI)

Thanks,

Thinker