moving mail to imap

Hey all..

I use mozilla mail for my email.. and (at the moment) I have about
15,000 emails in my "Local Folders".. they are all in
folders/subfolders/sub-subfolders etc.. and arranged to my liking..

I have another server running imap.. can I just move all my existing
mail to that server?

I've tried *dragging* my mail folders to the imap connection but it does
work.. so I'm  presuming it's not that simple (is anything???) so am stuck

Can someone give me a few pointers on how I can achieve this?

Cheers

Kel