C, D even older (Was Re: Looking for more Debian packages)

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 09:15, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 01:31:24PM +0000, Jianan Huang wrote:
> > 1) I read about disk boot problem in the mail list. Right now I boot
> > from a floppy. My machine BIOS can only boot from the C drive or the
> > floppy. I use D drive for my Linux.
>
> "C drive" and "D drive" are DOS/Windows concepts, by the way, although
> they're often mentioned in BIOSes as well. It would be less confusing if
> you could get used to Linux-style terms like hda, hda1, etc.

Actually, they're from CP/M.  Earlier, maybe?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |